This UNILAD documentary titled Meat The End has, at the time of this post, been viewed over 2.2MM times and has reached over 8.1MM people around the world. In it, top scientists, researchers, and doctors explore how “the global drive for eating animals is extremely destructive to the planet”.
- The animal agriculture industry is the world’s largest contributor to global warming, species extinction, ocean dead zones, water consumption, and deforestation.
- Livestock covers 45% of the earth’s total land and have created more than 500 nitrogen flooded deadzones around the world in our oceans.
- Over 56 billion farmed animals are mutilated, drugged, and slaughtered every year by humans.
- Animal products such as chicken, fish, beef, duck, shrimp, pork, etc are the only items humans consume that contain cholesterol, the leading contributor to heart disease, various cancers, hypertension, thyroid issues, diabetes, and more.
- Men who persist on a meat-eating diet have a 1 in 2 chance of dying from heart disease, while women have a 1 in 3 chance.
If the above doesn’t appall the fuck out of you, it’s time to do a little priority assessment.
Scientific consensus concludes that the animal agriculture and livestock industry is the leading contributor to environmental destruction. Peer reviewed medical journals all point toward animal products being the main contributor the most common causes of human death, including: heart disease (the number one killer in the world), cerebrovascular disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diarrheal diseases, hypertensive heart diseases, gut diseases, etc.
This doesn’t even begin to touch on the ethical concerns this industry is drowned in. Animal agriculture is a cruelty-steeped market funded by greedy pharmaceutical companies eager to rob us of our compassion for other living creatures. Full-blown marketing campaigns falsely claim meat is “good” for us so they can happily prescribe expensive drugs (that come along with a whole host of medical side effects) to somewhat alleviate the murderous diseases eating animal products creates in our bodies.
Watch this film.
And start doing a little bit of research on your own.
It’s time to wake up.