I hate my nose. Of all the features I’ve been blessed with, my nose is the one feature that just makes me look at my face and say, “WHYYYY?!”
During a game of tag with third grade classmates, I was running full-speed across freshly-rained-on pavement. Of course I slipped, skidded across the bumpy concrete (on my face), then slammed nose-bridge-first into the sharp metal edge of a tether ball pole base.
A fourth grade teacher who witnessed the entire event scrambled after me, swooped me into his arms, and carried me as I sobbed and wailed to the nurse’s office where all they could really do was slap a few bandaids on me (arms, elbows, knees, face, etc) before calling my mom to come get me.
I didn’t grow up with money. I have a working class family, and we’ve had to hustle for everything we have. Getting my broken nose fixed was not my parents’ first priority. Can she breathe? Yes. Is she a little banged up? Sure. Will she live? Definitely.
Unfortunately, now being 28 years old and making YouTube videos + posting pictures of my face all over the web, having a broken nose has not been the easiest thing to deal with. But there’s always makeup, eh?
In this video, I show you how I cream contour my face using Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Cream Contour Kit in Fair, and how I deal with my crooked nose thanks to breaking it at such a young age. Enjoy!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit “Fair”
- Benefit Cosmetics “Dew the Hoola” (http://bit.ly/2a1ceCB)
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush “220 Pink Sand”
- RCMA “No Color Powder”
- Too Faced “Milk Chocolate Soleil” (http://bit.ly/2ackTok)
- NYX Powder Blush “Nutmeg” / use Tarte Cosmetics “Exposed” blush dupe
- The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Sigma “3DHD Kabuki Brush” (http://bit.ly/29ZXAuw)
- MAC “231”
- Marc Jacobs Beauty “The Face II” (http://bit.ly/29lyJpj)
- Mac Jacobs Beauty “The Conceal” (http://bit.ly/29ZXGCJ)
- Sephora “Classic Multitasker Brush #45”
- Sigma “Tapered Face Brush F25” (http://bit.ly/2a4UqY3)
- Japonesque “Kumadori Contour-Highlighting Brush”
- Real Techniques “100 Powder Brush”
- Real Techniques “Setting Brush”
See the eye makeup tutorial for this look: https://youtu.be/Uyp2cmWcfow