Y’know, I’m really not sure what took me so long to start an actual Facebook Page. At the time of this posting, I have over 280,000 public followers on my personal profile alone. Whaaaat. Tell me that’s not ridiculous. It’s getting to the point where mingling my followers with my actual friends is, and I hesitate to say this, annoying for me to manage. And if it’s irritating on my end, I can’t even begin to imagine how irksome it probably is for my actual friends and family.
On that note, it kinda stinks when you’re at home visiting for your sister’s baby shower, and your dad pulls you aside from the festivities to say something like, “Lynn,” which is what my family calls me since Filipinos tend to shorten every name to the last syllable, “You know I love you, and you’re a beautiful girl. But I don’t want to see your modeling pictures on Facebook.”
I love youuu.
Anyway — having a separate Facebook Page for all of the crazy things I post (modeling pictures, dating stories, Instagram nonsense, etc) will be great for tons of reasons.
Why My New Facebook Page is Good for Me:
- Metrics! I can finally see metrics on who’s viewing my profile, what part of the country they’re from, and which posts are the most popular! I looove metrics! Wheeeee! This way, I’ll be able to deliver the content all of you want to see most. Which makes me happy!
- No more annoying my friends and family! Woo! My friends get enough of me in real life. I’m kind of a wild personality as it is, and I want to keep my friendships separate from my public life as much as possible.
- More freedom of posting! Since everyone liking my Facebook Page is an actual fan and wants to see all of the ridiculous stuff I post, I’ll know I can post freely without hurting anyone’s feelings or harming anyone’s delicate sensibilities (mom, I’m looking at you).
Why My New Facebook Page is Good for You:
- Unfiltered HeyCheri content! Just what you’ve always wanted! … And if this is true, you should maybe go turn off the Internet because I am not that interesting.
- Interaction with fans that you know is just for you guys, because I luff yew, and because we should be fwends. Minus talking in baby voices. Hurhur.
- Giveaways! Contests! Awesome thiiiings!
- All of the content I usually post publicly to my personal profile will now be directed to my Facebook Page — so if you want to keep following me, you should head there and Like it immediately.
- It’s also more likely that I’ll actually do things with sponsors. I always feel a little guilty promoting sponsored things on my personal profile, so if you’re a company looking to promote your product and feel I’d actually be interested, be sure to shoot me a message.
Are we all excited yet?
If you haven’t found your way to my new Facebook Page yet, go there now and shoot me a Like, drop me a comment, and leave me some love! Hope to see you there.
Find my new Facebook Page here: http://on.fb.me/1cnRbnx