I just received a personal email from Tim Kim, the Editorial Director over at National Novel Writing Month. Can you believe it? I was the top fundraiser last week, and it’s all thanks to you guys! I cannot believe the outpouring of amazing support from fans, readers, and friends. You are all so wonderful, and I know I’m repeating myself for the millionth time when I say: Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!
It is because of you that I was able to achieve my first three fundraising goals, and it is because of you that I was recognized by the folks over at NaNoWriMo for, in the words of Editorial Director Tim Kim, “jumping into the crazy and amazing NaNo community so fully”. It warms my heart that so many people want to see me succeed, and I haven’t felt this motivated or encouraged to pursue writing with such fervor in … Well. I actually don’t know how long it’s been. Too long! It’s been too long.
Because it was you who donated to get me this recognition, and also because it was you who also got me into the Night of Writing Dangerously Kim mentions in his email, I will be giving away my prizes to my donators and sponsors via raffle!
Here are the raffle rules and regulations:
- You must donate $1 or more to my campaign in order to obtain one ticket to win a signed poster by me! Or, if you want to opt out of receiving a poster (or if you simply don’t want my shitty signature on it), just drop me a comment and let me know!
- Every $30 more you donate will get you another ticket into the raffle.
- You can totally opt out of entering the raffle if these prizes don’t interest you at all.
- Anyone who has already donated $30 or more has automatically been entered to win these sweet prizes (and any additional prizes that I opt to give away thanks to the level of donations coming in).
- You must be awesome. $30 donations automatically qualify you as awesome. You want to be awesome, don’t you?
Here are the two posters I have selected to sign and give away:
Aren’t they awesome?! Kinda like you, sponsors. You can’t see me, but I am totally cuddling you all with my brain. Like, right now. Do you feel that? Does it feel good? I’m kinda skinny, so I’m sorry if my bones are poking you. No? You still like it? Oh good. What’s that? You think I smell good? Thanks! I just took a shower. Okay. You can let go now. No, really. Let go. I can’t breathe.
Once again, thank you to everyone who’s donated so far to my campaign. Because of you, we’ve raised over $1,070 for The Office of Letters and Light, NaNoWriMo’s parent organization, which helps fund amazing creative writing classes all over the globe. So amazing. I can’t believe it. You’re all so wonderful and generous, and I am proud to stand among you and have your support!
If you would like to continue donating, please do. There are more prizes to be had in the weeks ahead, and I will be sure to come up with lots of awesome goodies to give away to you guys and gals. Maybe a signed picture of me?! I do have a ton of old modeling photos laying around in my room somewhere… They’re on good quality photo paper too. No? That sounds stupid? Well, jeez. Fine. Psssshhhh.
Click the banner below to go and donate now!
Or click here if you like words more.
And once again, thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU.
Sherilynn “Cheri” Macale